Orlando Personal Injury Lawyer
In Orlando, when you or a loved one is harmed due to another’s willful or negligent behavior, it pays to speak to an experienced Orlando personal injury lawyer. It is all too easy after an injury to– in a state of overwhelm– give up your rights to pursue justice or agree to receive less compensation than you deserve.
Sadly, our lawyers have heard too many stories of clients who downplayed their injuries and were left with unforeseen medical costs that no one else would pay.
We have met people who casually answered simple questions, not knowing they were helping the at fault party get out of paying everything owed. This is why, beyond seeking medical help, immediately contacting a lawyer may be the most important step you take after an injury.
Possible Personal Injury Compensation
Our personal injury attorneys in Orlando understand that, when you are subject to bodily or property damage, even if you make a full recovery, there is no amount of money that will undo the trauma of your experience. You will likely take time away from work to get medical help, undergo therapy, or oversee repairs. This can often result in lost wages.
Add this to mounting medical costs and you have an increasingly burdensome financial situation. Other costs associated with personal injury include:
Pain and suffering (emotional and other intangible damages)
- Cost of aftercare
- Lost wages for a spouse or caregiver
- Loss of consortium (inability to perform familial duties)
- Cost to modify facilities (for instance, making one’s home more wheelchair accessible.)
When you are trying to overcome– or learn to live with– an injury, the last thing you want to think about is financial stress. Our experienced Orlando personal injury lawyers can help you alleviate the monetary strain so you can focus on your recovery.
Common Personal Injury Cases
There are many types of injuries that can lead to the above mental, physical and financial burdens. Our personal injury lawyers in Orlando are experienced handling an array of cases, which include but are not limited to:
These are just a few of the cases we handle inside and outside the courtroom. While our experience is diverse, we understand that each case is unique, and will work with you to devise a legal strategy that is tailored to your circumstances.
How an Attorney Can Help
It is difficult to overemphasize the importance of obtaining sound legal advice in a personal injury case. We urge you not to wait. Speaking with a lawyer immediately can mean the difference between fair compensation and “settling for less.” When you retain counsel early, you:
- Beat the statute of limitations. You have limited time to file an injury claim. In general, the statute of limitations for most Florida personal injury cases is four years from the incident. However, depending on the type of injury, it may be as little as two years or as many as eight.
- Avoid being “low-balled” by insurance claims adjusters- An adjuster’s job is not to compensate you for your injuries, but rather to ensure the company pays you as little as possible. Speaking to a professional in time may stop you from legally resigning yourself to a lower figure than you deserve.
- Hold the at-fault party accountable. Not only does a personal injury claim help you get what you deserve, it protects the community, by discouraging the at-fault party and others from engaging in harmful behavior in the future.
Contact an Attorney Today
If you are injured through the actions of another, you owe it to yourself to obtain fair compensation. Our experienced Orlando personal injury attorneys can help you get it. Call us today and start rebuilding your life.